The fall has begun and I am surrounded by golden dusted leaves and some slacking greenish yellow ones that seem to have fallen behind a little bit.
This is precisely how I feel sometimes. I too slack, I know I want to be gold and beautiful, but I am still so green. I feel so imperfect, so ill-equipped for my next season in life. One thing I know is I have passion, and God is not looking for a perfect me, he is looking for a passionate me. He is looking for a me who is ready to fully rely on him and not on my own understanding. I can only get to the next season of life if I trust and rely on God, it is then that he will shower me with gold and I will finally fall before him, like a leaf from a tree, and accept the season ahead. Whether I like the cold or not, the cold is coming, and the only way to survive is to allow him to take me in his arms like a father does and prepare me for what is to come.
This is precisely how I feel sometimes. I too slack, I know I want to be gold and beautiful, but I am still so green. I feel so imperfect, so ill-equipped for my next season in life. One thing I know is I have passion, and God is not looking for a perfect me, he is looking for a passionate me. He is looking for a me who is ready to fully rely on him and not on my own understanding. I can only get to the next season of life if I trust and rely on God, it is then that he will shower me with gold and I will finally fall before him, like a leaf from a tree, and accept the season ahead. Whether I like the cold or not, the cold is coming, and the only way to survive is to allow him to take me in his arms like a father does and prepare me for what is to come.
Now, I do not claim perfection, for no one is perfect. However I do claim passion! Passion for a creator who is faithful, compassionate, gracious, merciful, and just. A creator who loved me enough to send his only son to be nailed to a cross and to die for me. A creator who has called me to share my lifes journey . I must warn you, I am going to be honest, it is a journey of arrogance, self-centredness, coldness, trial, troubles, pain, and sorrow, a journey in the darkness with no light for my path, no director.
I assure you that with each cold and dreary season in my past comes a clear insight as to how my future seasons became clearer. And although my seasons, like yours, have clouds, the sun will always shine on. Although I have lived a short life, I have gained mass amounts of knowledge, that I must share.
I have found the director of my life, and I hope you will join me in the days to come, as I rewrite the story of my past and how I came to know him, trust him, and love him with all my heart.
peace&love mercy&grace
No comments:
Post a Comment